In TM1 often we want to have a master process which then calls child processes. There is a Turbo Integrator command that allows us to nest TM1 processes. It is called ExecuteProcess.
Syntax of ExecuteProcess
ExecuteProcess ( processname, paramater1name, parameter1value, parameter2name, parameter2value, parameterNname, parameterNvalue ); where:
- processname is the name of the process you want to call
- parameter1name is the name of the first parameter you want to pass a value to
- parameter1value is the value of the first parameter
- parameternname is the name of the nth parameter
- parameternvalue is the value of the nth parameter
Use of ExecuteProcess
This command is really useful for, say, setting up a list of processes to run to refresh dimensions and then to load data using the refreshed dimensions. It can also be used for executing a standard process on a repetitive basis, for example, to set up a view.
For more information on using this function, please see this link for a full explanation.