I was just updating the approval hierarchy on a TM1 Contributor model and could not see the changes through on the web app. Odd, I thought. So I did some digging around and found that the solution to that specific problem is to re-save the Rights in Performance Modeller even if you have no rights in there in the first place. Some what counter-intuitive I reckon!
So the whole process now to update the Approval Hierarchy in a Contributor model is as follows:
- Update the dimension in TM1.
- Update the view used for the Approval Hierarchy (including possibly changing it to show an alias), ensuring that there is a single top level node.
- Open Performance Modeller, if not already open.
- Navigate to the Application Design, Approval and check that the structure is using the correct view of the dimension you’ve been working on.
- Navigate to Rights (immediately below it) and double click on it. You should now see the hierarchy as defined in your view.
- Then if all ok, click Apply.
- Then when prompted, click Continue Saving the changes, even though there have been no changes made!
- Now open Contributor and check your model. The new structure of the view should be displayed.