We are about to start a new project with a client where they will be using Planning Analytics local (i.e. the new version of on premise TM1). They have asked about the server specifications and what needs to be installed. IBM have a great tool that gives all this information, but it can be very large and unwieldy. This post lists the minimum server requirements for Planning Analytics.
So here is our recommended server configuration for a small installation of Planning Analytics local version 2.
Hardware for Planning Analytics Local
- A single Server (2 if using Cognos Analytics as well)
- Virtual Machine
- Quad core
- Dual Drives – both 500 Gb
- Memory – 16Gb
- Important: this is the minimum we require for TM1. As it is a Virtual Server you may require increase the power of the servers as required.
Operating System and Installed Software or Components
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition
- MS Office 2013+
- MS .NET 4.6.1+
- Adobe Reader
- Notepad ++
- 7-zip-A, i.e. the version of 7-zip that can run with a command line
- Chrome v54+
- Firefox FSR v45+
- Internet Explorer v11+
Please remember to check the IBM site as well here to ensure that this list is up to date.