Here are the instructions for setting up a new TM1 server (sometimes also known as a TM1 model). This can also be used for taking a copied TM1 model and setting it up on a new physical server. The steps are:
- Copy the tm1s.cfg file from an existing model
- Change the ServerName, PortNumber, LoggingDirectory, and DatabaseDirectory within the copied tm1s.cfg to the name and location of the new server (model).
- Create a new server instance in Cognos Configuration and edit the location to point to the folder where the copied tm1.cfg is located.
- Start the server instance
- Open TM1 and login to your model
If you like this post, please spread the love…