Sometimes we need to delete a TM1 service. After changing the name for a TM1 model, for example, we may left with a Windows Service still existing for the old model. This post tells you how to delete a TM1 service that is no longer required. If you are looking for instruction on how to rename a TM1 model, please go to this post.
To remove a Windows Service for a TM1 instance:
- Stop the service in Services.
- Open a command prompt as an Administrator.
- Enter sc delete “servicename” and press enter, where servicename is the name of the TM1 service that will be deleted (note this is not the Display name, but the Service name from Properties in Services)..
- Review the confirmation that the TM1 service deletion was successful.
- Do back to Services and refresh. The TM1 service should no longer be listed