Category Archives: Errors

These posts explore different errors that we have encountered in TM1 and how we resolved them.

Errors when Connecting to Planning Analytics for Excel/CAFE

Launching CAFE or Planning Analytics for Excel (PAX) can cause errors if the PC is not configured to conform to IBM’s supported environment. Here we go through how to get it all sorted!

This entry was posted in Errors, Excel, Planning Analytics and tagged Café, Errors, Excel, Excel Addin, PAX, Planning Analytics. Bookmark the permalink. | Tagged Café, Errors, Excel, Excel Addin, PAX, Planning Analytics | 1 Comment

TM1/Cognos Security Integration Gremlin

Weird. That’s all I can say. We have been doing a significant project with complex calculations done in TM1 and a front end with Cognos BI reports. We now have the integration working perfectly with TM1 cubes performing brilliantly in BI, TM1 cubes able to have data entered into them from Cognos Workspace and security integrated from multiple AD servers via Cognos groups and roles to both Cognos and TM1. Integrated … Continue Reading

This entry was posted in Administration, Cognos BI, Errors, Security, TM1 Admin and tagged active directory, Cognos, Security. Bookmark the permalink. | Tagged active directory, Cognos, Security | Leave a comment

TI Connection Error to Cognos BI Report

We sometimes recommend using a Cognos BI Package and BI report as the source for TM1. We usually do this when we have both TM1 and BI deployed at a client and it just makes sense to prepare the data in Framework Manager so it can then be used by any BI report and by TM1 as well. It especially cuts down reconciliation because if it is right in one … Continue Reading

This entry was posted in Errors, TI Errors, TM1 Admin. Bookmark the permalink. | Leave a comment

Ambiguous Element Name: TM1 Rule Error

I recently opened a rule and made a very minor change, then wend to save it and got a really odd error that had nothing to do with the changes I had made to the rule. The error said “Error: Element name ambiguous ‘Current Year’”. This seemed rather odd as had not made any changes that had anything to do with time. Then I remembered that I had added an … Continue Reading

This entry was posted in Errors, Rule Examples. Bookmark the permalink. | Leave a comment

TI Error: Cannot convert field number 9

I was working on a new TI process today and got this error – “Cannot convert field number 9, value “*textdata*” to a real number”. Odd, I thought. Cryptic error – cannot convert field number 9! I initially thought it might concern field number 9 in my source data.  Nope.  No cigar! What this is saying is that there is a field on the Variables tab has been defined as … Continue Reading

This entry was posted in Errors, TI Errors. Bookmark the permalink. | Leave a comment

Spreading Error

You can’t do spreading from a rule driven intersection – it must be from a value that has a natural hierarchy.  So I tried to zero All Years from Current Forecast where I have a rule driving Actuals into historic periods in the forecast and I got an error saying the “Spreading operation has failed because the content of the cells cannot be modified”.

This entry was posted in Architect, Errors. Bookmark the permalink. | Leave a comment

“cell type is real” TM1 Error

I got a “cell type is real” error this afternoon and was somewhat confounded! “cell type is real” was in the TM1 error log when I after I ran a TI process that was pasting a string into a cube.  The error was caused by the element I was trying to write to being defined as a “Simple” rather than “String” element.  Edited my dimension, made it String, re ran and all … Continue Reading

This entry was posted in Errors. Bookmark the permalink. | Leave a comment

TM1 Performance Modeler Not Opening

I have been battling with opening Performance Modeler for a couple of weeks where I would start the application, get the “log on as” screen, put my details in (that are valid), select the server and click Ok. Then the status bar on the splash screen advances to about 20% and then it hangs. Very, very frustrating! I spoke with IBM who eventually suggested a solution that worked. Here is … Continue Reading

This entry was posted in Errors, Performance Modeller. Bookmark the permalink. | Leave a comment